Warranty – Elk Creek Builders offers a 10 Year home warranty with every new home, All other local builders only offer a 2 year warranty.
Upgraded Spaces – New homes tend to offer larger closets, bathrooms and higher ceilings than older homes.
Energy Efficiency – Building codes have become stricter over the past few years. A home built to code 5 years ago does not necessarily mean it is up to standard code today. Newer homes consume less energy than older homes, especially homes that are ENERGY STAR certified.
Low-Cost Ownership – When you own a new home you will have less repairs within the first few years (plus your 10 year warranty), your homeowner’s insurance cost may be lower, and the re-sale value of your home will be higher.
Customization – When you build a new home, you start from a blank slate. All style choices are your own, and they will all be installed before you move in. There is no need to spend the first few months of home ownership doing work to your home.
Top 10 Reasons Home Buyers Prefer New Homes vs. Used
From knowing you're the first homeowner to smelling that new home smell, there are a lot of reasons to prefer new. Here are ten!
Today's new homes offer more benefits than ever before. Here's a quick list of the Top 10 reasons why so many homebuyers prefer new homes to used houses:
1) Work with Elk Creek Builders to Design Your Dream Home Your Way: Why settle for someone else's choices when you can select your own cabinets, countertops, appliances, carpets and flooring? While you're at it, you can choose gorgeous bath and kitchen fixtures, lighting and other options that you love. Your new home will reflect your style, not someone else's taste.
2) Choose a Floor Plan and Room Layout that Meets Your Needs: Want a master bedroom on the first floor? It's yours. With massive his and hers walk-in closets? Done! Want high ceilings and a luxurious, resort-style master bath? Perhaps you'd like a sitting room with a fireplace in your owner's suite or French doors that open to your private deck? It's easy when you build your master suite your way.
3) All New, Under Warranty: A used home likely has tired products that may soon need replacing. Your new home — and the products that comprise it — are brand-new and under warranty. What's the cost to replace a roof, appliances, countertops or a water heater on a used home? Those components of your new home feature the latest designs and building materials and should offer you years of comfort and enjoyment before needing replacement.
4) Energy and Cost Savings: Today's new homes are far more energy efficient than homes built just five years ago. Versus homes built ten or 20 years ago, it's game over, advantage new. Why settle for drafty, energy-wasting, single-pane windows in a used home? Many new homes offer double or even triple-pane windows. Special window coatings and inert gases between the layers of glass are often available, saving you even more energy and money in both heating and cooling season. In fact, a 2016 survey by the National Association of Homebuilders found that 90 percent of respondents listed Energy Star appliances as an essential or desirable feature in their most-wanted list.
5) Comfort and Indoor Air Quality: Today's new homes meet stringent energy standards and codes not in place in the past. They combine high-performance energy efficiency with state-of-the-art ventilation and air filtration. The result is year-round, draft-free comfort and higher indoor air quality.
6) Low Maintenance: New cars today are computer-designed and computer-equipped. That's why they perform much more reliably than a car that's 15 or 20 years old. Homes are the same. Today's new homes have open floor plans and high ceilings that reflect the way we live today. They're also made of cutting-edge building products that require less care and maintenance. (Think maintenance free siding) Another plus? The latest building systems and components are designed and engineered to work together.
7) Community Amenities: Many new homes are built in small mountain communities. Many new home communities also feature National Forest lands, hiking trails, protected open lands and some of the best new schools and shopping near your new home community.
8) Advanced Technology and Design: It's possible to replace all of the single-pane windows in a resale home with today's high-performance windows. It's also possible to add insulation to a used home. However, it's very expensive to replace dated appliances, cabinets and countertops in a used home — and you still won't have the high ceilings you dream of on the first floor of an older two-story home. All are reasons to build your new home your way, to reflect the way you live today.
9) Safety: State-of-the-art circuit breakers. Electric garage door openers with infrared beams that stop if a tricycle or child is too near. High-efficiency furnaces and air conditioners that use the latest environmentally-friendly coolants. Cabinets, carpets and paints that use fewer volatile organic compounds, so that you and your family can breathe easier. Elk Creek Builders new homes are wired for the way we live today!
10) That New Home Feel: A used home was someone else's dream, not yours. It reflects their choices and family memories. You may learn to love avocado-green appliances (and you may be willing to scrub stained countertops or grease-encrusted ovens and cooktops) but more and more people prefer that never lived-in feel.
After all, when was the last time you went to a department store and selected used clothes? Or visited a car dealer and paid more for a used car than a new car?
New homes offer the latest designs, style, comfort and quality. They provide a care-free lifestyle so that you can enjoy your home, not work on it. Contact Elk Creek Builders today for the best custom home available. You'll be glad you did.
WHY BUILD A NEW HOME with ELK CREEK BUILDERS?